The Art of Sharing Project

Have you ever wondered if you have a gift worth sharing? Do you paint, write, sing?

Why do some have so much while others have nothing? I have a friend who taught me a wonderful lesson - We should not give to others who have nothing - we should share. It is more respectful.

With this in mind, I am using my gift - painting. In December 2009, I will host an exhibit/sale of paintings based on photos that friends have taken over the years during their trips to Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Bangladesh and more.

A percentage of any sales will be donated to PWRDF - The Anglican Primates World Relief and Development Fund - More on PWRDF later.

As I complete each painting, I will post them here, with the picture's background.

Enjoy.

Silence is Not an Answer

Silence is Not an Answer
My first painting for PWRDF was Silence is Not An Answer. This was based on a photo taken by Mo. Marian Jefferies in Ethiopia ten years ago. The photo was shot two days before the war broke out.

Monday, November 30, 2009

TAOS - "The Art of Sharing" Art Show

Well, I am finally done painting. At least for the time being. I have one to complete for my husband for Christmas. I began it years ago, so who knows if it will be ready this year.

Twleve paintings will be on display at the Kennebecasis Valley Public Library for the month of December. The artwork will get hung tommorrow night and the signage and displays will be up next Saturday.

We have got great plans for a video and powerpoint to show off our efforts and to encourage others to plan their own TAOS event.

I know I will post a note at the end of the show, but I want to thank so wonderful new friends: Rev Marian Lucas-Jefferies who inspired the show and provided great material, Heather Plett - I can't wait to meet such a talented photographer and writer who also provided photos, Carolyn Vanderlip who is unable to attend but also supplied some beautiful photos to work from. Thanks for your work behind the scenes as well. And finally to Anne Walling - a generous and hardworking woman who has put a lot of effort into this event. I don't want to forget my husband who has had so much patience while I would immerse myself in my studio.

Enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment